Its right around the corner... always be ready before the competition.
Tips to sell your house in the summer
Summer is often considered a challenging time to sell your home due to family vacations, childcare constraints and summer activities. While it may be more of a challenge or inconvenience to market your property during this season, it is not impossible. Here are some ideas to attract summer buyers.
- Maintain your lawn. Focus on curb appeal and take advantage of the season. Mow your lawn often and ensure all sprinklers are working.
- Cultivate the landscape. Trim bushes, hedges and trees, spread mulch, sweep the walkway and plant flowers.
- Clear a path. It is important that the front entrance is clear of any debris. Repair loose steps and railings or cracks in sidewalks; potential buyers should be able to navigate with ease.
- Provide a welcome respite. When guests enter your home the temperature should be comfortable, perhaps a welcome relief from the outside.
- Organize everything. Your home should be clutter-free, tidy and clean.
- Serve seasonal refreshments. Lemonade, fresh fruit or warm pies are appetizing and create a summer ambiance within your home.
- Bring in the light. The windows and glass doors should shine.
- Hide your tools. Stow away all landscaping tools; potential buyers do not need to be reminded of the maintenance that accompanies a home.
- Clean the pool. If you have a pool it should be clean and clear. Towels, toys and rafts should be neatly stored away so they do not detract from the space.
- Light it up. Illuminate your outside areas with well placed lights.
Call me to help you prepare your home for results you deserve, and put the summer fun in and the stress out.